While less mature that its counterpart, the ValSotillo Reserva, this Crianza is not shy of being rewarded the same prestige for its class.
Region: D.O. Ribera del Duero
Winery: Bodegas Ismael Arroyo
- Type of Wine: Red
- Grapes: 100% Tinta del País (Tempranillo)
- Aging and Vinification: Fermented in stainless steel tanks and aged 14 months in American oak casks, and then bottled for 6 months before going to market
- Visual: Deep ruby-purple color, attractive, with purple rims.
- Nose: On the nose, there is a complex bouquet, with black berry fruits aromas, spices and minerals hints.
- Taste: Concentrated, full-bodied, good structure and a lingering finish.
- Wine Enthusiast: 91 points
- Wine Spectator: 89 points
- Wine & Spirits Magazine: 89 points
- Wine & Spirits Magazine: "Best Buy"
- PEÑÍN 2010: 87 points
- Dave McIntyre (Washington Post): ☆☆1/2 / ☆☆☆
- Snooth: Read review here 87 points
Featured Pairings & Events
- Cheese: Valdeón (Milk: Raw Cow, Sheep, Goat; Origin: Valdeón in León) is sharp but sweet, which makes it a perfect pair for membrillo. Wrapped in sycamore maple leaves, it is beautiful on a cheese platter. Drizzle with honey to cut the sharpness. Cheesetique
- Event: Featured red wine in the VIP Room of the Taste of Tennis 2009